|Job Title:||Northern Field Service Engineer||RETURN|
Established in 1947, The Adelphi Group of Companies is a family owned business which includes three engineering companies manufacturing a wide range of laboratory and process equipment, as well as automated packaging lines. Our products are sold all over the World, to small independent companies, and large multinationals. The Group directly employs over 60 staff and occupies modern, purpose built premises close to Haywards Heath train station.
To service, install and repair all Adelphi packaging machinery and laboratory equipment at our customers premises, primarily in the north of the UK. At times this may also include visits to customer factories overseas.
Primary Role Responsibilities
- Respond to call outs to repair machines that have encountered a breakdown, offering a quick and efficient service to enable the customer to get back up and running with their production as soon as possible.
- Carry out routine service visits to our customers, with appropriate upselling at times.
- To carry out new machine installations and Site Acceptance Tests.
- To produce service reports to feed back to the office to enable invoices to be raised and for quotations for spare parts to be generated for the customer.
- To supply technical knowledge and assistance to customers via phone and email when required.
- To carry out modifications to existing equipment when required.
- To provide training to customers on the use of new equipment following installation.
- A strong engineering & technical background with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of mechanical assembly and pneumatic controls.
- Experience of electrical wiring and fault finding via an electrical panel.
- Experience of PLC/HMI programming (ideally Omron, Siemens, Mitsubishi or Allen Bradley).
- A sound ability to diagnose faults and technical issues.
- A professional approach to dealing with customers both face to face and over the phone.
- Flexibility with working hours and shifts.
- Full clean UK driving license.
- Experience working within the packaging industry desirable but not essential.
Based out of the north of the UK, ideally Yorkshire/Lancashire area.
35 hours per week (flexibility is required with this role, at times there is a requirement to work a longer day or over weekends).
7% company pension contribution.
Annual performance related bonus.
Annual pay review.
Generous holiday entitlement.
From time to time there would the requirement to spend days at the Adelphi factory in Haywards Heath, assisting with machine builds, testing, and customer factory acceptance tests. This would be in order to gain knowledge on product ranges, software, and general systems used throughout the organisation
|E: email@example.com||W: www.adelphi.uk.com|
|Location:||Yorkshire & Humberside||Sector:||Packaging||Category:||Service|