|Job Title:||Applications Engineer||RETURN|
|Salary:||40,000 - 50,000 dependant on your experience||Job Ref:||JAC15859|
|This role as an Applications Engineer combines the very best of design, sales & project engineering in one. Based out of our brand-new facility in Norfolk, you'll take ownership of delivering bespoke automation/robotics solutions to multiple sectors across the UK.|
BASIC SALARY: 40,000 - 50,000 dependant on your experience
* 4% Employer Pension
* Life Assurance
* 26 Days Holiday & Bank Holidays
LOCATION: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester, Bury St Edmunds, Lowestoft, Cambridge, Kings Lynn
Why you should apply:
* We're growing - due to expansion we've just moved into our brand-new premises - there's plenty more room for us to grow
* Part of this expansion is this brand-new role coming into the commercial team alongside our new Sales Engineers who are all set to join in 2020. This department is going to make a real impact
* You can make this role your ow - you'll be paid well, have a good work life balance & you'll be offered flexible working too
JOB DESCRIPTION: Applications Engineer: Automated Packaging Systems
We've just been bought out by an American multinational who is taking us Global & moved us into a brand-new facility. You'll be mostly office or home based (we'll let you go out & visit customers now & again too). About 80% of our customers are based within the Hull-Liverpool-Gloucester triangulated area, so you can live wherever you want, but you'll need to be happy to travel to the office 3 days a week.
As an Applications Engineer, you'll support the sales & design teams providing bespoke automation solutions to customers based on their requirements. We offer much more than an "off the shelf" product.
You'll have the skills to react to a customers' requirement & select the appropriate solution for them based on your experience
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Applications Engineer: Automated Packaging Systems
* Advise the customer. Maybe they don't know exactly what they want - you can listen to their problem & provide a solution
* You'll create accurate costings for solutions based on details given to you & obtain pricing from your vendors
* Create detailed technical proposals (based on existing templates) to match the customrs' requirements
* Provide a design specification/QA documentation for accountability throughout the project
* You will be involved in the design process, working alongside our design engineers to produce 2D/3D drawings of our products & the associated 2D floor plan. Our systems might be stand-alone, or integrated into the customer's existing factory layout
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Applications Engineer: Automated Packaging Systems
* The bullseye is you've currently or previously worked in an Applications Engineering role (this way you'll be technical & commercial)
* Alternatively, your background might be as a Design Engineer, Sales Engineer or a Project Engineer (or similar) from the automation industry
* That could be process or packaging machinery, materials or product handling &/or robotics
* You'll be skilled in 2D and 3D CAD packages (SolidWorks or Inventor preferred) so you can support the design team driven by their workload
If you have any additional experience in robotics / creating simulations of robotic solutions (KukaSIM or Robot Studio) then that would put you top of the pile.
We provide a bespoke solution to automated packaging systems, Supplying into a variety of manufacturers, warehouses & factories within food, FMCG, distribution, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and consumer goods.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Applications Engineer, Design Engineer, sales, robotics, SolidWorks, Inventor, packaging, PPMA, Project Engineer
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You'll receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JAC15859, Wallace Hind Selection